Weekend Update

Gotta love St. Louis! People in shorts and flip flops for most of the work week, and snow and cold for the weekend. Typical weather conditions. Since the weather was so gloomy I spent a great part of the weekend in a lot of pain. Quick weather changes makes my arthritis extremely bad, but yeah, I deal. I have been reading a lot lately. I go through these spots where I do a lot of one thing, and hardly anything else. Lately it's been reading. I got hooked on the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries by Charlene Harris. Great fluffy quick reads. I only have one left to read, and I am waiting for it to arrive in the library. Fortunately, I have a good selection of books at home that I haven't read either, so plenty to read.

On the fiber front. I did manage to finish spinning Gypsy. This took along time since it's a 3 ply yarn. I am always amazed at the way fibers turn out. Here is an excellent example of how different a fiber can turn out. I love the way this turned out. I have a nice worsted weight, unbelievably soft! I'm thinking it will make a nice yoke for a sweater next winter with a berry or an cream bottom.





Lawn Guy's sweater is coming along nicely too. I have about 14 inches done now. I still need about another 2-3 inches until I will be at the arm pit. Between now and then, I need to learn how to do magic loop 2-at-a-time for the sleeves other wise I am sure the stripes won't line up.


Also, I turned the heel on my first toe-up sock. So far so good. It looked a little big when I was starting on it, so I shorten the length by a half inch and it seems to have worked.
Happy fiber trails!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Birthday Hull

Dear Gardagami