A Flimsy!

En Provence is about to make its debut! Well, at least as a flimsy. I am so happy with how this turned out. Lots of he' and haw over some of the blocks, but very pleased with the outcome. My piecing just gets better and better. I dislike pinning, but this one was a must. Way too many pieces to keep in order. Plus, once I started pinning is really just become a habit. Maybe something in my future.



















I love the borders. They are a little light, but might add a little bit of green around the edges. I know the binding is going to be in green, so that may be the pop it needs. I think I might play with the big flowery border and make pillow cases to try it together a little more. Good thing the hubby doesn't mind flowers.



I also got a chance to try out the 301 I just got. I had a pack of 2 1/2 squares. I collect them when I visit different quilt shops. Eventually I will be making them into a throw with the 4-patches done up in a square in a square unit. I have 50 now. This pack here, is a bit bright for my taste.









Anyway, the sewing is just dandy! Like she never stopped sewing a day in her life. I love the long bed. I really prefer the extra length. I tend to do a lot of putting together right there on the bed. I can't imagine not having it.




What in your sewing basket?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Gardagami

The Birthday Hull