Weekend Jam

It has been a fun weekend considering the cloud of allergies that I seem to be under. Lots of kids and teachers are getting sick at work. I had four students out a day or two in the last week in one class alone. Then there is this breezy warm weather and then cold that continues to swirl around. Mind you Saturday was just too nice. I spent the morning getting the house in order, opening windows and letting the fresh air in. The cats were so happy just longing in the window sills all day. Later in the day, hubster and I went to the gun range. We thought it would be less crowded at the end of the day - yeah right! We waited about a half-hour before we got a lane. It's amazing how fast you can go through 120 + bullets. Mind you I do have two clips, so I did shoot more. I am pretty out of practice and the gun is really new. I think hubby made a decision on which gun he prefers. It's not mine. It's way too small for his hand. Poor guy got off to shots before he handed it back to me and said done with that! No worries, it's not like we would only use one gun anyway.

Last night before going up to bed, there was a package on my porch. Yeehaw my 301 had arrived sometime while we were out. I got a great deal on this since the seller was giving a no return for it. I took a chance since she had a good reputation. Glad I did. It's in really good shape. Even the case is pretty good. Best part, no old, moldy smell! I cleaned her up, but haven't stitched on her yet.









I finally got a chance to get back to my En Provence.First round of borders is on and I am putting the 4-patches together for the second round. I plan to add two additional borders to make it big enough for our bed.




Lastly, after this, I get to try again on my big stitch quilting. I brought thinner pearle cotton and a pair of grippers. This will be my Slow Sunday Stitching. Now that everything is do for the weekend, I can sit with my feet up for awhile. Shoot over to Kathy's here to see what everyone is slow stitching on.

Bye for now!


Comments

Karen said…
I recently purchased a black 301 from E-Bay. Sews well.
Quilter Kathy said…
Congrats on your new 301 acquisition! It's beautiful!
I love my 301s!
Enjoy your slow stitching!
englishquilter said…
Such vibrant yellow in your En Provence quilt
Vireya said…
Your mystery quilt looks great!. I've never seen a 301, I don't think they were sold in Australia.

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Gardagami

The Birthday Hull