A Little Fibery Goodness for a Monday

I haven't done a whole lot of craftiness recently. The latter part of last week I just didn't feel up to much. By Sunday I felt bad enough that I went to the ER. It amazes me really. I know they are only doing their job, but do they have to ask things like "on a scale of 1-10, what is your level of pain?" My response, "I'm here." Second EKG's. Really?! Before you get the wrong idea. I am okay. They gave me a breathing treatment, and prescription for pain meds and an inhaler. I'll live. Tired, but a little better today.

Fiber, right, that was what I was starting to talk about. I receive a wonderful package from my Kiwi swap partner. Lots of fiber to play with and I am going to try out some dyeing. Should be fun.


Here is what I just finished with. Its superwash merino singles. Lace to fingering weight. I am hoping a soak and whacking will strengthen it up a bit.

I also finished the latest installment of Spunky Club. The colorway is Pansy. It's Romney which is a medium wool. I spun it into low-twist singles because Romney can get scratchy if one is not very careful. Very fast and easy to spin up. If it blooms just right I think I have a hat pattern in mind.

On the needles, I added another project because I really wanted to do some lace. I started EZ PI Shawl. I finished the first tier. My diamonds are off because I decided that ripping back to my mistake was going to cost me more than it was worth. I just started the 2nd tier, and so far so good.

Still working my way through the shetland fleece.

Comments

CraftyGryphon said…
"Low twist singles." Yep, that's what I'm going to be trying to create once I wake up this week. I've figured out "high twist"... and it wasn't working quite as well as I thought it might.

(But hey, I'm finally learning - after how many years of saying I was gonna?)

Popular posts from this blog

The Birthday Hull

Dear Gardagami