What? It's Hot!

Good ol' St. Louie. Who needs a summer to start off small? Like usual, Let's see if we can fry dinner on the sidewalk. Needless to say with the soaring temperatures and the heat indexes over 100 for most of the week, there has been a lot of inside activities. The doggies want to play outside, and they kinda look at me like really, do we have to come in? Yeah, it's hot.

I have been continuing to work on a couple of items.
The dratted socks that are starting to near the finish line. Not that I don't love the colors, it's just they seem to be taking forever. Anyhoo, they should be coming off the needles in the next couple of days.



My Pi shawl is through tier 2, but I'm afraid I need to rethink this. I have only used about 2/3 of one ball. Hmm, I think not. I doubt it will be a pi shawl in the end. Looking for a different pattern. I love the reddish orange color, and I want to do it justice. Sigh, it might be a while before I consider that feat.

As far as spinning goes, I am still carding away on the Shetland fleece. Amazing how cool it is to work through the process of preparing to spin. I spun up a bobbin last night because I wanted to see if the carding was going okay. The color reminds me of a Latte. All creamy and foamy. I am aiming for 3-ply weight. Not sure what it will turn into a vest or a sweater, It depends on yardage. I might even dye it after.

Also in lu of Amy King's book release, Spin Control, Spunky club came today. The colorway is Selfish. I thought it was a perfect title, and the colors are spectacular! I really can't wait to put this on the wheel. This is a great way to start off the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Birthday Hull

Dear Gardagami