Just in a Mood

I have been in a not so nice mood for more than a week and just can't seem to improve it. My job is always stressful at the beginning of the year, but this year I just can't seem to get organized. I feel like a hamster on the exercise wheel going around and around. I keep telling myself I'll catch up and not to take too much stuff home because then I don't want to do it. I go to work early enough. I am there before 7 and most days I don't leave until 3:15 and still work another hour or two almost every evening, plus the weekend. I know I should not be complaining. I realize that it doesn't sound too bad, but then there's the actual teaching of students with high needs, and oh my, the parents. They are involved and in teachers faces. I had a another conversation about passing time. I thought 3 minutes was the general rule. I know that's what I had in high school and I think most of us survived getting from place to place. It does stress kids out, but they figure it out. It's life and life has deadlines. Unfortunately, not everyone agrees with the passing time and that's fine, but if given too much time, there's the concern of problems like fighting, bully, and maybe even setting a trash can on fire. Another thing coming up is standardized testing. My most unfavored part of my job. The schedule's a mess, kids are out if sinc, and for many testing is just plain hard. I dislike the days when I can't help a child and to watch while children struggle with not understanding or anxiety just makes me ill. Needless to say my funky mood will comtinue into next week.

On the knitting side, I finished the one row scarf and a calorimetry. On the bad side, I had to frog the Morning Surf Scarf. It was too wide and it would not have been long enough before I would run out of yarn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Birthday Hull

Dear Gardagami