Esclipse Me

This is a quick post. Life is fine here in St. Louis. The snow is nearly melted away. It's amazing what a couple of days of sun can do to snow. It's all good though. We truly needed the snow.
I can't believe it's February 1st! I did finish some spinning over the weekend. This is called Eclipse by Spunky Eclectic. I love this colorway. It was dedicated to the eclipse from back in August or was it July? Hmmm.. not sure anymore. Anyway, the clear blues, oranges and chocolatey browns are fabulous together. The wool is Romney and it turned out softer than I thought it might be. Its not a next to skin, around my neck soft, but definitely wearable. The singles turned out really good and I am pleased with the results.



On the knitting front, February Lady is nearing the finish. I just half a little more than half a sleeve to finish up, ends, and buttons! I think today is should be done. I ended up using magic loop for the sleeves since the 16" circular were not cutting the mustard. The thrummed mittens still have only one done. Without realizing it I put 8 extra stitches on the cast on the second mitt. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I was 3/4 the way up. Lately if I start something, I end up frogging and restarting it. What's the deal with that? Must be a knitter's moment.

Comments

CraftyGryphon said…
Must. Start. Spinning. That yarn is so pretty!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Gardagami

The Birthday Hull

Not Much for new