Pralines and Cream

I just love Carmel and creamy colors. They truly are pretty together. I went to my quilting group last month and I mentioned that I hate pink. The woman who I was speaking to said,"Of you do. You are all earthy." I thought it was interesting since she really has only met me for like 5 minutes, but it really made me realize just how much better I look in earthy colors. As a kid, mom always dressed me in the fashionable pinks and pastels. I think until I was in my twenties, I tended to wear the wrong colors. I also think that as I get older it is much more obvious as to what I should wear as opposed to what is the fad.

This is so far off topic, I can't believe anyone is still reading. Back to the quilt top. I took a pack of 2 1/2 inch strips of 42 to make this lovely, but rather plain little quilt top. I think it needs something dark around the border to make the colors and patterns pop out. I need to take it to the shop to get some border ideas. It needs to be larger, too. Either a 5 inch border or add another small one to add 7 inches around. Either will make a nice lap size quilt.
Pralines n Cream crazy quilt

It has magic squares that are hard to see in this picture. Maybe after the border(s), they will show up better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Birthday Hull

Dear Gardagami