Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pralines and Cream

I just love Carmel and creamy colors. They truly are pretty together. I went to my quilting group last month and I mentioned that I hate pink. The woman who I was speaking to said,"Of you do. You are all earthy." I thought it was interesting since she really has only met me for like 5 minutes, but it really made me realize just how much better I look in earthy colors. As a kid, mom always dressed me in the fashionable pinks and pastels. I think until I was in my twenties, I tended to wear the wrong colors. I also think that as I get older it is much more obvious as to what I should wear as opposed to what is the fad.

This is so far off topic, I can't believe anyone is still reading. Back to the quilt top. I took a pack of 2 1/2 inch strips of 42 to make this lovely, but rather plain little quilt top. I think it needs something dark around the border to make the colors and patterns pop out. I need to take it to the shop to get some border ideas. It needs to be larger, too. Either a 5 inch border or add another small one to add 7 inches around. Either will make a nice lap size quilt.
Pralines n Cream crazy quilt

It has magic squares that are hard to see in this picture. Maybe after the border(s), they will show up better.

No comments: