Sunday, December 1, 2013

Celtic Soltice Mystery Begins!

Yes, it's that time of year again. This is my second Bonnie Hunter Mystery. I can't believe I have been quilting for a year now. The color choice is right up my alley. I love the idea of an Irish themed quilt since I'm half Iris; it really pulls on the heart strings.



My color choices are close to the color chips Bonnie recommended.










I started cutting yesterday. Lots of cutting. I am making the smaller version of the quilt. I still had a ton to cut. No worries though. My accuracy has greatly improved in a year. I had 92 Orange and 96 Neutral triangles and 188 pairs of blue wings to add to it. I really struggled getting started. My machine decided that eating fabric was a great game. Also, my quarter inch was way off. I couldn't figure out why.

 That's when I remembered I switched my needle to a thicker size for a jacket that I made on Friday. Duh! No wonder it was a fat quarter. I also took the needle plate off. Yuck! Disgusting. There was so much crap down there. My feed dogs where completely covered with dust, fuzz, and sticky goo.


Now were sewing......

1 comment:

Andee said...

Clue one is looking good!