Quilty Barn Along Finished

Wow is this one bright quilt. I added 4 more barns, so the quilt would be large enough for our bed. It's 90 X 90, but it shrunk a little with its bath. Ugh... it fits okay, but I would have been happier if it was a bit longer. Each quilt block was quilted alone and then put together with the quilt as you go method. I thought it might be easier than struggling with a queen size quilt under my domestic sewing machine.

 I like the way the quilting came out. I used three different colors of thread, so I could blend where I wanted it to. The close up shows some of the detail of the quilting. I used a heavier weight batting. I think it will be perfect for winter which was the plan.


Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Jam

Digging into February

A Flimsy!