Changes


Changes.... change is something I dislike a lot. Change is something that can be good and needed for everyone to grow and continue to be apart of the world. Having roamed for a little more than 50 years I have seen a lot of change of over time. I have changed overtime. My hubster would say I have mellowed in time; I think not.

My craft process is always a welcoming change. I think I have at least tried most of the crafts out there by now. There are some that I can definitely leave off the list. Then, there are those that I LOVE. Sewing as a little girl made my mom;s heart sing. I remember sewing shorts and little simple tops on my mom's White and the beautiful stuffed doll my grandmother made for me - she was a Singer gal. In the past several years I have started collecting and find myself with both. My White treadle sit in the living room with a Singer 128 hand crank on top. I love these machines for the simplicity if them. I can take them outside and not worry about hooking up the electricity. It is one of my favorites in the summer.

The craft room is busting the seams with tons of tubs of knitting and fiber supplies, my fabric stash, and some jewelry supplies. Its my room... my inner peace. There are five sewing machines in there. Two that are in cabinets that I use a lot, but I take the others out to play too. A large brown recliner inhabits the corner of the room. When I am sewing, the chair is usually filled with dogs; my oldest, Oreo, and his much bigger, but younger sister, Lacey. I find it amazing that the two can share a chair. On the tables are the cats. Usually, Josey sits in the fluff of whatever I am sewing, the others, under the sewing machine. Oh so simple....

My husband baulks at the "mess" in the room and grumbles that I should have taken the bigger room. No, I say, I like the comfort of the coziness, Yes, its busy.  Yes, its messy but shouldn't it be?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Birthday Hull

Dear Gardagami