Wheelin the Wheel

I was at work on Friday and just could wait to get home and spin and spin some more. I have some beautiful fibers to spin up and I just couldn't wait. I wanted to spend a little time talking about the things that I have learned recently. I have had my wheel since November. I love it!! This is the fiber that I bought to practice with. I have spun up a little at a time of the past past 4 months. I put all three together to get a good gauge of how my spinning is coming along.



The first one on the left is the first one I spun. There are lots of extra curly, crimpy spots. WHat my instructor would call extra energy! Its a little rough to the touch. The middle one is better. The last one I spin up over the past week. It looks remarkably better. Its softer than the others. All are about DK to worsted weight. I spent more time pre-drafting on the alst one and the results are much improved.



This what I spun yesterday and this morning. It's Extravagance for butterflydesigns. It is merino / silk / angelina. I spent even more time splitting the batt up and pre-drafting. I want to use this for a shawl. I love the colors. It reminds me of a sunrise. Guess what, its actually fingering weight. I got a 140 yards out of 1 & 1/2 oz. I have to get more obviously, but I can't believe how thin, soft and pretty it is. It will make a beautiful shawl!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Gardagami

The Birthday Hull